Monday, October 18, 2010

Going new places!

Saturday I went on a date. It was nice to spend an evening with a new acquaintance, who possessed refreshing ideas and a unique perspective on life. We met at the trailhead of Salt Lake City's popular hiking destination, Ensign Peak. Just up past the Capital, we hiked half a mile up a maintained dirt trail to see an incredibly inspiring view of the Salt Lake Valley. I was in awe! We timed it right around sunset and the sight was breathtaking. My date brought his dog, Bear, along. She, that's right its a female, was so excited and social. I love animals! I love watching them interact with people. Dogs especially can be so happy over such little things. I confess I also am easily entertained by small things, but I lack the stamina or energy.

After the hike, we went to dinner at a "Ma & Pop" restaurant which used to be found only in Bountiful, but there is now a location in Holladay as well. The restaurant is called Robintino's and it is DELICIOUS!! If you're ever in the area give it a try. Lastly we went to the movie "Secretariat". It is based on a true story of a race horse. I posted the trailer below. It was a little slow moving and cheesy but there was also a quality about it that made it interesting and humorous at times. Watching this movie made me love horses even more. They are such beautiful and amazing creatures!!! I don't understand how anybody could NOT like a horse??

No comments:

Post a Comment